Tuesday 12 April 2011

Don't Sit Down...

...Cos I've Moved Your Chair is the brand new song from the Arctic Monkeys, played for the first time on Zane Lowe's Radio 1 show last night. The boyfriend is a huge fan of the Monkeys (and coincidentally looks a bit like Alex Turner minus the long hair!) so was keen to get a listen asap - which meant I did too.

Have to say, I'm hoping it's a grower - esp after their slightly (in my opinion) disappointing last album. The guitar riff is typically catchy as in most of their songs which means it probably will grow on me, and Alex Turner's voice is as rich and as gorgeous to listen to as ever. I am also loving the song title! But for now, that's all I can really comment on without a few more listens....looking forward to hearing it more, along with the album :)

You can still listen to Zane Lowe's show with the band for the next 6 days at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00zztpc

Be good to know what you think!

Jo x

1 comment:

  1. painting is entertainment time, the best interest of self-cultivation.
    abstract painting

    ReplyDelete