Monday 7 March 2011

First ever Blog Post!

Hello, nice to meet you :)

Now, I have never, ever written any sort of blog before so we'll see how this goes...! (please, bear with me)

Although most of my posts will be about music (song/album/gig reviews etc) and painting (link to my portrait site to follow!) I reckon there will probably be the odd blog or two where I feel the need to tell you something interesting about my day or recent goings on, so my very first blog will be telling you a little bit about me.

I'm Jo, 24 and blimmin' bonkers about music. Playing music, singing music and most of all...listening to music. Now I should let you know I have a major issue with 'moany musicians', you know the ones, they complained about Beyonce and Coldplay headlining Glastonbury this year (who, by the way I think will be amazing!) and will only go and watch gigs if hardly anyone else in the whole world has heard of the band (which is fine, but it is always great to go and see a band or artist with some hype around them) Anyways, I play guitar and sing, but have never had a guitar lesson and taught myself which means I'm not exactly fantastic at it but figure I will continue to do it as long as I love it!

I listen to the radio aaalllll the time and love hearing a new song or album I can blab on about to anyone who will listen, or catch an amazing Live Lounge on Radio One. Friday (if anyone heard it) was Jessie J (who I am loving right now) covering one of my recent fave songs - 'Young Blood' by The Naked and Famous. If you haven't heard it, LOOK IT UP! Even if you don't know or love the original, her version is just incredible.

My other love is painting portraits and you can visit my site here - http://www.joharrisportraits.co.uk/ to see what you think! I will post any recent requests, paintings or sketches on here too.

I think that's probably about it as a little welcome post, thanks for visiting and I'll be back with a new post soon!

Jo x

1 comment:

  1. I am not good in painting but I learn thank you for the good information.

    landscape paintings

    ReplyDelete